WCC’s LPN to RN Bridge program is for individuals who have already completed their LPN Certificate and wish to enter the Nursing RN program as a Bridge student. The deadline for the summer bridge program (if offered) is February 15 and the deadline for the Spring Bridge program is November 1. All application requirements must be received by the Admissions and Records Office on or before this deadline and it is the student’s responsibility to make sure all materials are received and that all admission deadlines are met.
- Submit the Nursing Advanced Placement Bridge - LPN to RN Transition Application from the Bridge LPN to RN Transition Program Packet. This document fully describes all admission requirements and the application contained in this packet must be submitted each year you choose to apply.
- Submit official transcript showing completion of LPN Certificate (if not completed at a VCCS school)
- Take Virginia Placement Tests for Math and English (scores are valid for 2 years). These tests may be waived if you have previously completed college level Math and/or English coursework and earned a “C” or better. Applicants must have completed the coursework or demonstrated proficiency in developmental math (MTE) units 1-4 and be ready to enter ENG 111 prior to the admission deadline.
- Take the ATI LPN STEP Test - must score at the 45th national percentile rank or above (scores valid for 3 years)
- Submit copy of current LPN license OR proof of NCLEX-PN exam registration
- Complete developmental coursework (including any required Math, English, Biology, and Chemistry coursework)
- Submit official transcripts from all other colleges and universities attended (excluding other VCCS transcripts)
- Submit official copy of final high school transcript or GED
- Complete BIO 141 and BIO 142 (Anatomy and Physiology I and II) with a “C” or better
- Complete 80% of general education courses for program
- Submit documentation of 1000 or more documented working hours (optional)
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.