Certification for Administration of Local Anesthesia, Nitrous Oxide & Oxygen Sedation for the Practicing Dental Hygienist
This is a hybrid course with an online portion and a hands-on clinical held on campus at Wytheville Community College, Galax Hall - Room 102.
- Online portion: April 8 - May 16
- Live clinical: May 17 & 18, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Course Hours: 20 online hours; 16 hands-on clinical hours 3.6 CEUs
- Tuition: $1,000/person (Make checks payable to WCC)
- tudents must submit the following in order to be registered for the course:
- Current copy of Dental Hygiene License
- Current copy of CPR with AED certification
- Current personally owned professional liability insurance (copy of current policy provision or policy rider)
- Completed application with fee
REGISTRATION: CONTACT Jane Mitchell at (276) 223-4820 or email@example.com
American Heart Association CPR - 2019 Schedule of Classes
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - New Certification
- February 15 & 16
- April 10 & 11
- May 28 & 29
- June 14 & 15
- September 20 & 21
- ACLS Instructor Course
- January 5
- ACLS Recertification
- February 2
- April 26
- July 24
- August 31
- October 18
- December 3
- December 18
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - New Certification
- January 10
- February 11
- March 28
- April 11
- June 27
- July 25
- August 15
- September 12
- October 10
- BLS - Recertification
- January 24
- February 13
- February 28
- March 14
- April 25
- May 16
- June 13
- July 18
- August 22
- September 26
- October 24
- November 7
- December 12
- BLS Instructor Course
- March 9
- June 8
- September 14
- December 14
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR w/AED
- March 7
- June 6
- August 21
- December 5
- NOTE: Additional Heartsaver classes available upon request - must have 4 people.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) New Certification
- March 15 & 16
- July 16 & 17
- October 4 & 5
- November 15 & 16
- December 12 & 13
- PALS Instructor Course
- May 14
- PALS Recertification
- January 19
- March 30
- April 27
- August 8
- November 1
- Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS)
- March 2
- NOTE: Additional PEARS courses are available upon request
Times for all classes to be announced at a later date. Class dates are subject to change.
Customized classes are available upon request. Must have at least 4 people.
Bloodborne Pathogens classes are also available upon request.
To register for any of the above classes, contact Brinda Browning at (276) 223-4712 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vet Assisting for Small Animals
February 5 - March 14
Class will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 - 6:00 PM in Wytheville at the WCC campus.
To register, contact:
Brinda Browning at (276) 223-4712 or email@example.com.
Water & Wastewater Classes
Water Treatment courses are designed for those individuals who wish to sit for the Virginia State examinations, Level I - IV for water licenses.
ENV 47 & ENV 147 Basic & Advanced Water Review Course
Wytheville Campus / 219 Grayson Hall
Wastewater Treatment courses are designed for those individuals who wish to sit for the Virginia State examinations, Level I - VI for wastewater licenses.
ENV 40 & ENV 146 Basic & Advanced Wastewater Review Course
Wytheville Campus / 219 Grayson Hall
For current schedule or registration: Contact Lisa Lowe at (276) 223-4867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the water & wastewater classes are 1-credit each. In-state tuition: $157.50. Out-of-state tuition: $355.10.
Basic Contractor Business Licensing Class
The Basic Contractor Business Licensing Class is required by DPOR for anyone seeking an A, B, or C license for the first time. If you are currently licensed and need to change your business type, it is recommended that you contact the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) at (804) 367-8511 for guidance.
Spring 2019 Schedule
Saturday, February 23, 2019 / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday, May 4, 2019 / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cost: $195 (Includes books and materials).
Registration: Contact Lisa Lowe: (276) 223-4867 or email@example.com
Dental Radiation Safety
This course prepares employed dental staff to meet Virginia Board of Dentistry regulations for certification in dental radiation safety.
Dental Radiation Safety teaches techniques and devices for protection from ionizing radiation. This course discusses biological effects, cell sensitivity and the genetic effects of ionizing radiation. It includes practice of intraoral radiographic techniques. Students who successfully complete this workshop will be awarded a Certificate in Dental Radiation Safety. The minimum score for the certification test is 75%.
The lecture portion of the class is delivered online with the live clinical on the Wytheville Campus.
Spring 2019 Schedule - 3 classes will be offered:
- February 18 - March 14 with clinical on March 15
- March 25 - April 18 with clinical on April 19
- April 8 - May 2 with clinical on May 3 - FOR VHCC dental students only
To register: Contact Lisa Lowe (276) 223-4867 or firstname.lastname@example.org