SPRING 2019 BOOKSTORE CHARGES: January 2, 2019 - January 25, 2019. Check YOUR TO DO LIST in your Student Center for your Bookstore Authorization Form
2019/2020 FAFSA IS NOW OPEN!
USE THE DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL TO TRANSFER TAX INFORMATION
By using the Data Retrieval Tool, all your tax information is transferred onto your FAFSA for you! Be sure to click the Transfer Now box on your FAFSA!
Can't get the Data Retrieval Tool to work? Check out this to get additional information: Directions and the form.
Students that wish to attend Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 should use the 2019/2020 FAFSA.
The 2018/2019 FAFSA is still open to those students wishing to attend Spring 2019 and Summer 2019.
Why apply now if I'm not coming until Fall 2019? There is more money available if you complete your file early and ensures you are ready when classes begin. DON'T WAIT!
What are the steps to apply for financial aid?
- APPLY for Admission to the College!
Create your FSA ID
Forgotten your FSA ID Password?
Forgotten your FSA ID Username?
- Remember, if you are a dependent student, a parent must have a separate FSA username and password. The parent cannot have the same email as the student.
- Am I a dependent student? This chart can help you discover the correct answer!
- Fill out your FAFSA. Returning student or a new one, this video explains it for you!
- REMEMBER to include WCC's School Code, 003761, so that we get your FAFSA
- FAFSA has to be filled out every year you plan to attend college
- Don't wait until you hear from the admissions office - file now!
- Be sure to use the Data Retrieval Tool and check the transfer now box to ensure your tax information transfer over easily
STUDENT SUPPORT CENTER IS AVAILABLE TO ASSIST YOU! CHECK US OUT, HELP 24 HOURS A DAY/ 365 DAYS A YEAR!
You can track your progress, live chat with support, or even submit documents! How easy is that?
Important 2019-2020 FAFSA Information:
WCC's Financial Aid Office will no longer mail out missing information letters starting with 2018-2019 Financial Aid. This information will be SENT TO THE STUDENTS COLLEGE EMAIL that will direct students to their message center in their Student Information System (SIS). Students will need to look at their To Do List to see what items are needed to complete their financial aid.
After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an email TO YOUR STUDENT COLLEGE EMAIL from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive an email to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from the classes you registered for.
- Expecting a refund for a financial award, scholarship, or dropped a course? Avoid waiting in lines at school offices and take control of the refund process online.
Have you completed everything you need for Financial Aid?
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- Fall Semester – May 1
- Spring Semester – November 1
- Summer Semester – April 1
- Amount of awarded financial aid may vary from year to year depending on financial need
- Awards Terms and Conditions
- How and When to Apply
- Apply for a Student Loan
- Return of Funds Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines
- Refund Policy
Contact the WCC Financial Aid Office
WCC Financial Aid Office
Bland Hall - Suite 113
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Fax: (276) 223-4807