Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
Summer 2016 Financial Aid:
- Complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Summer 2016 Financial Aid Application
- Priority Deadline for Summer 2016 is April 1st
Fall 2016 Financial Aid:
Step-by-Step Financial Aid Process
- If you are new to WCC, apply for admission to the college online.
- Create a FSAID and Password online at fsaid.ed.gov If applicable, your parent should obtain a FSAID and Password as well. The FSAID serves as an electronic signature when completing the FAFSA on the Web. Click here for a tutorial on how to create your FSA ID and password.
- Complete a FAFSA on the Web. Do not wait to hear an admissions decision. The FAFSA should be completed each year. WCC's federal school code is 003761.
- Check the accuracy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) when you receive it. Make corrections as necessary via the internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov or by mail. If selected for verification, WCC will mail you a letter requesting the necessary documentation needed for the verification process. When reviewing your SAR, verify that WCC is listed as one of your schools. If it is not, we will not receive a copy. You will need to correct your SAR online or by calling 1-800-433-3243 to include WCC's school code, 003761.
- Complete a WCC Scholarship Application and submit it to the WCC Foundation Office online.
- After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an award letter from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive a letter to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from the classes you registered for.
- Expecting a refund for a financial award, scholarship, or dropped course? Avoid waiting in lines at school offices and take control of the refund process online.
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Phone: (276) 223-4703
Toll free #: 1-800-468-1195, extension 4703
Fax: (276) 223-4807