21/22 FAFSA Information:
On October 1, 2020, you can start completing the 21/22 FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov. You will need your 2019 taxes to complete this FAFSA.
The 21/22 FAFSA will be for Fall 21, Spring 22, and Summer 22.
20/21 FAFSA Information:
Students attending WCC during the Summer 2021 semester must complete the 20/21 FASFA with 2018 taxes.
Financial Aid Important Dates
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – Tuition Due for Spring 21
- January 4- January 25, 2021 Spring Book Charge Dates*
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 – Spring Financial Aid Disbursements Begin**
- Friday, March 12, 2021 – Last day to Withdraw from Courses that start January 11th and end May 10th***
* Go to your Student Center and Complete Bookstore Authorization in your To-Do List. Book charges will be ordered on-line with the bookstore for Fall 2020 starting August 10. Please make sure to charge all required books/supplies during this time.
** The first refunds for each semester will begin on these days. There are multiple categories of financial aid that will be refunded and it may take a few days for refunds to be completed. After the initial batch of refunds, subsequent refunds will be completed bi-weekly. If you are enrolled in late starting classes, your refund will be held until after the last day to drop with a refund for your last starting class.
*** If you are thinking of withdrawing from a class or class(es) please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss the impacts that it may have on your account including but not limited to a debt owed to the school.
- Registration for Summer opens March 22, 2021.
- Summer Financial Aid is based on the 20/21 FAFSA with 2018 taxes.
- May 10, 2021 Tuition Due for Summer 21
- May 17 – June 9, 2021 = Summer Book Charge Dates*
* Go to your Student Center and Complete Bookstore Authorization in your To-Do List. Book charges will be ordered on-line with the bookstore for Summer 21 starting May 17. Please make sure to charge all required books/supplies during this time.
FAFSA Tips:Don't want to have to type in all your tax info? Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer it for you!
Just Be sure to click the Transfer Now box on your FAFSA!
Applying for Financial Aid can seem overwhelming - it isn't. Follow these steps:
- APPLY for Admission to the College!
Create your FSA ID
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Password?
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Username?
- Remember, if you are a dependent student, a parent must have a separate FSA username and password. The parent cannot have the same email as the student.
- Am I a dependent student? This dependency status chart can help you discover the correct answer!
- Fill out your FAFSA. Returning student or a new one, this video explains it for you!
- REMEMBER to include WCC's School Code, 003761, so that we get your FAFSA
- FAFSA has to be filled out every year you plan to attend college
- Don't wait until you hear from the admissions office - file now!
- Be sure to use the Data Retrieval Tool and check the transfer now box to ensure your tax information transfer over easily
Important 2020-2021 FAFSA Information:
WCC's Financial Aid Office will no longer mail out missing information letters starting with 2018-2019 Financial Aid. This information will be SENT TO THE STUDENTS COLLEGE EMAIL that will direct students to their message center in their Student Information System (SIS). Students will need to look at their To-Do List to see what items are required in order to complete their financial aid.
After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an email TO YOUR STUDENT COLLEGE EMAIL from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive an email to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from classes.
Financial Aid Documents can be uploaded in the Student Center from the To-Do List or can be uploaded in the Financial Aid & Student Accounts Support Center (Click on Create a Case/Submit Documents to Upload thru the Support Center).
Expecting a refund for a financial award, scholarship, or dropped a course? Avoid waiting in lines at school offices, and take control of the refund process online.
Have you completed everything you need for Financial Aid?
Contact the WCC Financial Aid Office
WCC Financial Aid Office
Bland Hall - Suite 113
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Fax: (276) 223-4807