DON'T WAIT TO COMPLETE YOUR FAFSA - TUITION IS DUE AUGUST 1!
Be sure to check your student email for Financial Aid information
Check your To-Do List for Bookstore Authorization - click on it, read and submit, so you are ready when bookstore charges open
- Fall Semester - May 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
- Summer Semester - April 1
Just Be sure to click the Transfer Now box on your FAFSA!
Applying for Financial Aid can seem overwhelming - it isn't. Follow these steps:
- APPLY for Admission to the College!
Create your FSA ID
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Password?
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Username?
- Remember, if you are a dependent student, a parent must have a separate FSA username and password. The parent cannot have the same email as the student.
- Am I a dependent student? This chart can help you discover the correct answer!
- Fill out your FAFSA. Returning student or a new one, this video explains it for you!
- REMEMBER to include WCC's School Code, 003761, so that we get your FAFSA
- FAFSA has to be filled out every year you plan to attend college
- Don't wait until you hear from the admissions office - file now!
- Be sure to use the Data Retrieval Tool and check the transfer now box to ensure your tax information transfer over easily
Important 2019-2020 FAFSA Information:
WCC's Financial Aid Office will no longer mail out missing information letters starting with 2018-2019 Financial Aid. This information will be SENT TO THE STUDENTS COLLEGE EMAIL that will direct students to their message center in their Student Information System (SIS). Students will need to look at their To-Do List to see what items are required in order to complete their financial aid.
After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an email TO YOUR STUDENT COLLEGE EMAIL from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive an email to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from classes.
- Expecting a refund for a financial award, scholarship, or dropped a course? Avoid waiting in lines at school offices, and take control of the refund process online.
Have you completed everything you need for Financial Aid?
Contact the WCC Financial Aid Office
WCC Financial Aid Office
Bland Hall - Suite 113
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Fax: (276) 223-4807