Summer Book Charge Dates: May 26th – June 11th, 2020
Summer 2020 – Summer Application (Must complete 19/20 FAFSA and be registered for summer classes)
Summer 2020 Summer Application can be uploaded in the Student Center from the To-Do List or can be uploaded in the Financial Aid & Student Accounts Support Center (Click on Create a Case/Submit Documents to Upload thru the Support Center). Do not submit a Summer Financial Aid Application before registering for summer classes.
The form can also be faxed to 276-223-4807
Be sure to check your student email for Financial Aid information
OCTOBER 1, 2019 - FAFSA opens for 2020-2021
- Fall Semester - May 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
- Summer Semester - April 1
FINANCIAL AID IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019-2020
|Monday, December 2, 2019||Tuition Due for Spring 2020|
|Thursday, January 2, 2020||Financial Aid Bookstore Charges Open|
|Friday, January 24, 2020||Financial Aid Bookstore Charges Close *|
|Tuesday, January 28, 2020||Spring Financial Aid Disbursements Begin **|
|Friday, March 20, 2020||Last Day to Drop and Receive a "W"|
|Friday, May 1, 2020||Tuition Due for Summer 2020|
|Monday, May 11, 2020||Financial Aid Bookstore Charges Open|
|Friday, May 29, 2020||Financial Aid Bookstore Charges Close*|
|Thursday, June 4, 2020||Summer Financial Aid Disbursements Begin**|
* Please make sure to charge all required books/supplies for all classes before this date.
** The first refunds for each semester will begin on these days. There are multiple categories of financial aid that will be refunded and it may take a few days for refunds to be completed. After the initial batch of refunds, subsequent
refunds will be completed bi-weekly. If you are enrolled in late starting classes, your refund will be held until after the last day to drop with a refund for your last starting class.
***After this date, tuition must be paid or financial aid finalized on the same day a student registers to avoid being dropped from class.
*** If you are thinking of withdrawing from a class or class(es) please contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss the impacts that it may have on your account including but not limited to a debt owed to the school.
FAFSA Tips:Don't want to have to type in all your tax info? Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer it for you!
Just Be sure to click the Transfer Now box on your FAFSA!
Applying for Financial Aid can seem overwhelming - it isn't. Follow these steps:
- APPLY for Admission to the College!
Create your FSA ID
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Password?
Have you forgotten your FSA ID Username?
- Remember, if you are a dependent student, a parent must have a separate FSA username and password. The parent cannot have the same email as the student.
- Am I a dependent student? This dependency status chart can help you discover the correct answer!
- Fill out your FAFSA. Returning student or a new one, this video explains it for you!
- REMEMBER to include WCC's School Code, 003761, so that we get your FAFSA
- FAFSA has to be filled out every year you plan to attend college
- Don't wait until you hear from the admissions office - file now!
- Be sure to use the Data Retrieval Tool and check the transfer now box to ensure your tax information transfer over easily
Important 2019-2020 FAFSA Information:
WCC's Financial Aid Office will no longer mail out missing information letters starting with 2018-2019 Financial Aid. This information will be SENT TO THE STUDENTS COLLEGE EMAIL that will direct students to their message center in their Student Information System (SIS). Students will need to look at their To-Do List to see what items are required in order to complete their financial aid.
After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an email TO YOUR STUDENT COLLEGE EMAIL from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive an email to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from classes.
- Expecting a refund for a financial award, scholarship, or dropped a course? Avoid waiting in lines at school offices, and take control of the refund process online.
Have you completed everything you need for Financial Aid?
Contact the WCC Financial Aid Office
WCC Financial Aid Office
Bland Hall - Suite 113
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Fax: (276) 223-4807