We’re pleased to announce CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C) — Virginia’s Community College System’s (VCCS) Academic and Career Portal.
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users to:
- Explore academic degree programs offered by all 23 community colleges.
- Instantly get an estimate of potential credits from their Military education, experience, and training.
- Personalized exploration of civilian careers related to their military training and specialties; personal interests; or recommended by interest evaluations.
- Receive real time employment information to assist military and veteran students make informed post-secondary decisions.
At Wytheville Community College, the Certifying Official for Veterans Affairs acts as a liaison with the Regional Processing Office in Buffalo, NY. Our goal is to assist veterans and/or the dependents of veterans with the application and certification process. Students who are eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill ® under chapter 30, 31, 33, 32, 35, 1606, or VEAP are able to apply for their respective educational benefits with assistance from this office. The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.
The Department of Veterans Services State Approving Agency approves programs of education offered at Wytheville Community College.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of a veteran or dependent can be answered by calling 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) or visiting www.gibill.va.gov.
Initiating your MGIB benefits
If you have never used your GI Bill®:
- Complete the Application for VA Education Benefits online at: Application for VA Education Benefits
If you have used your GI Bill® at another institution
- You will need to complete a copy of the form 22-1995 Request for Change of VA Education Program of Place of Training. You may also obtain the form from the VA Certifying Official located in 221 Bland Hall. Once you have completed this form please submit it to the VA Certifying Official.
After Applying of VA Benefits (or changing place of training)
- Once you have registered for your classes please complete the Veterans Affairs Certification Request Form. This form will need to be completed each term you register for classes.
- If you drop/add classes during the term you must complete the Veterans Affairs Change of Election Certification Request Form.
WCC's policy on tuition payment: Tuition and fees are to be paid by the student according to the dates set forth in the academic calendar. Students' classes will not be certified with the VA until payment for tuition has been made. VA benefits are reimbursements, not scholarships. The only exceptions are those students who have been approved for VMDSEP, CH 31 or CH 33 benefits. Students' are responsible for their books/supplies for their classes.
Student Veterans of America
Student Veterans of America at WCC is an officially recognized group by the college and is a nationally certified chapter of Student Veterans of America. SVA's main mission is to provide veterans with resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in a college setting.
Veterans Upward Bound
- Academic, Financial, or Disability Counseling and other information about completing courses at WCC, contact: Renee Thomas, email@example.com, 276-223-4752
- VA Main Benefits Hotline 1-800-827-1000
- VA Education Hotline 1-888-442-4551
- Lisa Murrell, VA Certifying Official 276-223-4706, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 276-223-4807
General College Planning Assistance (Online)
For useful information about planning your college education, we recommend the Virginia Education Wizard.