- You can apply online at www.va.gov. (Education) Complete the VA (Form 22-1990) to apply for your VA Benefits. If transferring benefits from another school, complete a Request for Change of Program/Place of Training form (Form 22-1995) online.
- Complete the Admissions Application to Wytheville Community College.
- Verify in-state status (if applicable) and submit documentation.
- Be officially admitted into an approved degree or certificate program at WCC.
- Submit all college/university transcripts for schools you have previously attended to the Admissions office for evaluation.
- Apply for Financial Aid (school code 003761) to determine if you are eligible for any grants or scholarships.
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), a copy of your DD214, and a primary school letter, (if concurrently taking classes at more than one college), to Lisa Murrell, WCC-Wytheville.
- Meet with your academic advisor or a college counselor to register for classes. VA Education Benefits will only cover the cost of classes required for your program of study.
- Submit the Veterans Registration Certification Request Form to Lisa Murrell. Include file number (SSN) of Veteran.
- Tuition must be paid by the due date unless you are enrolled for a payment plan (must be registered for classes) or eligible for 100% CH 33, CH 31, or VMSDEP.
- If a VMSDEP recipient, you must log in to the myVMSDEP portal each semester and enter the term and your total credit enrollment.
Point of Contact for Veterans
Bland Hall One-Stop Room 113A
Financial Aid Office/Veterans Affairs Certifying Official
Fax: (276) 223-4807
*Additional Resources-Helpful Tools for Financing Your Education
- CFPB-Paying for College-https://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool-https://www.va.gov/education/gi-bill-comparison-tool/