WCC participates exclusively in the Federal Direct Student Loan Program which includes Subsidized and Unsubsidized Student Loans. The Federal Government is the lender in the Direct Student Loan Program. Students interested in federal student loans will be required to apply through the Direct Student Loan Program and complete new master promissory notes.
For additional information on the Direct Student Loan Program, please click on the following links:
- General Direct Loan Information
- Direct Loan Consolidation Information
- Time Limitation on Direct Subsidized Loan Eligibility for First-Time Borrowers on or after July 1, 2013
How to Apply for a Direct Student Loan
To apply for a Direct Student Loan, students must meet basic eligibility criteria and
complete the following steps:
- Complete Direct Student Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Complete a Direct Student Loan Master Promissory Note.
- Print a Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Loan Request Form.
- Complete the form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office via mail, fax ( (276)223-4807 ) or in-person (Bland Hall Room 113).
We’ve teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping students manage educational loans and their resources are available to you free of charge. Contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor by calling 1-844-782-2333.
WCC Loan Application Important Dates and Priority Deadlines
|Fall Semester||July 1||August 1 (Priority)|
|Spring Semester||July 1||December 1 (Priority)|
|March 1||May 1 (Priority)|
When you are getting ready to graduate or you are no longer enrolled at least half-time at Wytheville Community College and you have received a Direct Loan, you are required to complete exit counseling. You must notify the Financial Aid Office when the exit counseling has been completed.
Exit counseling can be completed on-line at: www.studentloans.gov. You will need your FSA username and password to complete the counseling.