WCC is transitioning to a new emergency alerting system. If you registered for WCC Alert prior to October 27, 2016 you must register with the new system to receive alerts.
Wytheville Community College uses WCC Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. WCC Alert delivers important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to you on all your devices:
- E-mail account (work, home, other)
- Cell phone
- Smartphone (Android, iPhone & other mobile devices)
When an incident or emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using WCC Alert. WCC Alert is your personal connection to real-time updates, instructions on where to go, what to do, or what not to do, who to contact and other important information.
Please remember to remove yourself from WCC ALERT when you are no longer affiliated with WCC. Since enrollment is voluntary, we have no way of knowing that you are no longer interested in being in our alert list.
Your wireless carrier may charge you a fee to receive messages on your wireless device.
- Wytheville Community College text messages delivered from the system are intended to be a best effort communication.
- SMS text message notifications may be delayed by the carrier or not received during regional emergencies or other periods of high messaging traffic.
- SMS text message order delivery is not always predictable and, therefore, a message may potentially be significantly delayed or not received.
- SMS text message notifications from WCC will be displayed on your mobile device in the same manner as any other SMS text messages.