Wytheville Community College is committed to providing access to lifelong learning within an environment of academic excellence.
The WCC Library in Smyth Hall has an outstanding collection of books, magazines, newspapers, audio/visual, and electronic materials that support the programs and courses offered by the college. We also offer computers with high-speed internet connections and printing capability for students and community patrons. Whether you are looking for the latest best-seller book or an academic reference, please come in to explore the many resources and services the library offers. Library services are for WCC students and community patrons, who are not enrolled at WCC.
Library Mission Statement
An integral part of the educational program of the college, the library provides information resources and services to the college community. The primary purpose of the Wytheville Community College Library is to provide support for the educational goals of the college by acquiring and maintaining a well-balanced, up-to-date collection of print, non-print, and electronic resources. Also of significant importance is the provision of information resources to the citizens of the college's service region.
- To develop a collection which can provide an adequate level of support to all curricular areas of the College;
- To offer professional and support services which assist in the use of the collection;
- To serve faculty and staff by providing resources and services which will assist them in their fields of teaching and areas of responsibility;
- To acquire, as funds permit, materials which support the non-curricular or recreational needs of its clientele;
- To assist students in developing library and information literacy skills.
Hours Of Operation
Main Library: Monday-Thursday 8:00 A.M.-7:00 P.M. and Friday 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Kegley Library: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Please note that semester break and summer hours may vary and will be announced if different from regular hours.
- Research materials, such as online articles, books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and videos
- Online resources from any computer with an Internet connection and your My.WCC log-in
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access for your devices while working in the library
- Free printing of WCC class materials from library computers
- Free coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea
- Computers with software needed for classes
- Vending machines offering snacks and sodas
- Study carrels, work tables, and comfortable seating
- Group study/work room that can be reserved in advance
- Kegley Library, a collection of genealogical and historical materials
- Popular fiction and non-fiction 'bestseller' books
- Access to fiction and non-fiction audio books with My.WCC log-in
Library Staff - We are here to help you!
Coordinator of Library Services
Library Specialist I
1000 East Main Street, Wytheville, VA 24382
276-223-4743 or 1-800-468-1195 (in Virginia only, outside of Wythe County), extension 4743
The Library is located on the main campus in Smyth Hall in Room 101 about halfway down the hall from the doorways located on both the main campus and parking lot sides.
Library staff is available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M. and on Fridays from 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Library Services are available through your My.WCC login.
WCC offers a selection of library materials at WCC's Galax site in the Crossroads Institute and will soon offer materials at The Summit in Marion!
PLEASE ask library staff if you need help accessing materials; we are here to help you!
The Kegley Library of Wytheville Community College is a special collection library for historical and genealogical materials about Southwest Virginia. The Kegley Library is open Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. until 5 P.M.; however, you may want to make an appointment with WCC's archivist if you need extended assistance with your research.