The ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is required for all applicants for the college’s Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Physical Therapy Assistant, and Medical Laboratory Technology Programs. The test consists of a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English/language usage. Each of the four sections is timed for a total of 209 minutes. Content areas are divided by the following:
- Reading: (53 questions, 64 minutes) – section includes questions regarding paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
- Math: (36 questions, 54 minutes) – section includes questions regarding whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion. *Please be aware that calculators are NOT allowed*
- Science: (53 questions, 63 minutes) – section includes questions regarding science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical principles, and general science.
- English and Language Usage: (28 questions, 28 minutes) – section includes questions regarding punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling
For more information about the TEAS test, please visit ATI Testing. For information about testing at WCC, contact the 1Stop at (276)223-4825.
Please note: Testing space is limited; current WCC students will have first priority. Students must wait 30 days between each attempt and are limited to three attempts per academic year. Test scores are valid for three years.
Any student who feels he or she may need testing accommodations based on the impact of a disability should contact the disability services office privately to discuss specific needs. Please contact Student Services at 276-223-4758 to establish eligibility and to coordinate reasonable accommodations.
- Cost:$65 payable by a credit or debit card ONLY.
- An additional $20 administrative fee (CASH ONLY) is required for non-WCC students.
- ATI requires an additional $27 to send a score report to a school other than WCC
Need Help Preparing for your Test?
- Study Guides and study material are available for purchase by visiting www.atitesting.com.
- The WCC Bookstore has the official ATI TEAS Study Guide available for purchase.
- Visit the following sites for tutorials and additional information:
The ATI TEAS is administered in accordance with WCC’s testing policies and procedures. Please visit the college’s Testing Center webpage for additional information.