The AAS in Technical Studies provides flexible alternatives for meeting student and employer needs and features a flexible curriculum design to meet specific educational and employment goals. The curriculum will be approved by the Chief Academic Officer or designee to ensure a coherent plan of study.
The total number of credits for the General Education degree should be 15. Total credits for the Student Development is 1. A total of 16 credits comprises the general education and student development sections of the degree.
The additional courses (44-53 credits) should make a coherent plan of studies using one or two existing certificates/career studies certificates. It may include experiential credit, such as credit for prior learning, internship credit, independent study, and/or apprenticeship credit.
Minimum Requirements for the Technical Studies Degree
- Communication 3-6 credits
- Humanities/Fine Arts/Literature 3-6 credits
- Social/Behavioral Sciences 3-6 credits
- Mathematics/Natural Science 3-6 credits
Total for General Education: 15 credits
- Student Development 1-2 credit(s)
Total for Student Development: 1-2 credit(s)
Content Skills & Knowledge
- One (1) or (2) existing certificates/career studies certificates with additional courses to create a coherent plan of study. May include experiential credit, such as credit for prior learning, internship credit, independent study, and/or apprenticeship credit. 44-52 credits
Total for Degree = 60-69 credits
Please contact your advisor or your academic dean for assistance in planning your program of studies. Additionally, this program of study will require approval by the Chief Academic Officer or designee to ensure a coherent plan of study.
*This AAS in Technical Studies is an option for students in programs such as Carpentry, Electrical, HVAC, and Plumbing.