- Submit the Health Professions Application from the Selective Admissions Procedures for Health Professions Programs (PDF). This document fully describes all admission requirements and the application contained in this packet must be submitted each year you choose to apply.
- Take Virginia Placement Tests for Math and English (scores are valid for 2 years). These tests may be waived if you have previously completed college level Math and/or English coursework and earned a “C” or better. Applicants must have completed the coursework or demonstrated proficiency in developmental math (MTE) units 1-4 and be ready to enter ENG 111 prior to the admission deadline.
- Complete 12 hours of observation and submit the Observation Hours Completion Form.
- Take TEAS Test for Allied Health (see enclosed information)
- Complete developmental coursework (including any required Math, English, Biology, and Chemistry coursework)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (excluding other VCCS transcripts)
- Submit official copy of final high school transcript or GED (if you are applying as a senior in high school, your official mid-year high school transcript showing your first semester grades must be submitted prior to the application deadline and your official final high school transcript must be submitted after you graduate)
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Malinda Eversole. Director of Human Resources, 111 Smyth Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4869. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.