Current Disability Students
To Do List For Each Semester
- Request accommodations prior to the start of each semester.
- Accommodations are only valid for one semester. You may request accommodations with the Disability Counselor or online by completing the Semester Accommodation Request form.
- Accommodations are only valid from the date on the accommodation form and are not retroactive so it is very important that you request accommodations prior to the start of the semester.
- Request note taking services if eligible.
- Complete the attached form AFTER attending the first class OR AFTER speaking with your instructor to determine if needed for the course.
- Request For Notetaker Form
- Request any needed alternative text formats.
- Request should be made at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the semester to ensure time to receive or create the alternative text.
- Proof of purchase of textbooks is required
- Request For Alternative Text Form (E-Text)
- Sign Accommodation Form and provide a copy to your instructors.
- After you have received notification from the Disability Counselor that your accommodations forms are ready you will need to pick up your form and then make an appointment with your instructors to provide them with a copy.
- During this meeting you will need to discuss with your instructors your approved accommodations and have them to sign your Accommodation Agreement which is your proof of having provided your accommodation form to the instructor.
- It is your responsibility to provide this accommodation form to your instructors and to discuss your accommodations with them.
- Request Testing & Assignment Accommodations with the Disability Counselor & Instructors during the semester as needed.
- It is your responsibility to request testing accommodation, and extensions on assignments with the instructor and disability counselor at least 48 hours in advance of a test or assignment due date by completing the Testing Accommodation Request Form.
- A Testing Accommodation request form must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the test date in order for arrangement to be made to provide the needed accommodations.
- Testing Accommodation Form