- All college offices are working remotely for the fall and spring semesters.
- As all WCC staff are working remotely, it is important that we do not miss your call. If you call a campus number, the phones are forwarded to the appropriate staff. Please leave a message with your name, number, and a brief message. If you know what your student id# is, please leave that as well.
- Spring classes begin on January 11, 2021.
The following offices are here to help you. If you need assistance, please contact the following:
- Admissions and Records - email@example.com
- Financial Aid - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans - email@example.com
- Testing and tutoring - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability accommodations - email@example.com
- Technology and onboarding for new student’s - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Foundation (scholarships) - email@example.com
- High School Dual Enrollment - Jfloyd@wcc.vccs.edu
- Workforce Development and Short-term Training - firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions and Registration
- Fall Registration is underway. You can contact an advisor through the AskWCC chat. You may contact admissions at (276)223-4701 or email email@example.com for application questions, registration information, or transcript information.
The following Student Services Advisors can assist you with class registration. Students should contact Student Services 1Stop advisors or visit the WCC chat on the webpage if they have questions regarding college resources, advising, or counseling.
- Bridget Preston - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim West - email@example.com
- Barbara Mills - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Thomas - email@example.com
- Carol Sheets - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Mowery - email@example.com
- Maria Whited - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Puckett - email@example.com
Financial Aid and Veterans
- Summer financial aid balance checks have been processed. Students should have received their refunds if eligible. For questions regarding financial aid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be working with an advisor when registering for the fall semester to make sure all classes are part of your program.
- Please be checking your student email and your To-Do list in SIS for financial aid information.
- Please remember the check out the webpage at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/financial-aid or visit the Support Center.
Financial Aid for Spring 2021
- Students should have completed the 20-21 FAFSA for the fall semester.
- Tuition for the Spring Semester is due December 1. Any student who at that time has not completed the FAFSA and does not have a complete financial aid file will be dropped from classes.
- Bookstore charges open on January 4. You must have a complete financial aid file to purchase textbooks.
- Veterans must complete the VON APP online to apply for your VA benefits.
- You must turn in VA Certification Request form each semester you attend.
- If you have Veterans or Financial Aid questions while the college is closed, you can email them to Lisa Murrell at email@example.com.
- Visit our webpage at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/military-and-veteran-benefits.
- Required textbooks and materials can be found online at the WCC Online Bookstore.
- The WCC Bookstore will be closed to the public for summer and fall. Please contact the bookstore for assistance or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (276) 223-9841 or (276) 223-9848.
- Textbooks Charges Open January 4- January 25, 2021.
- Please visit the Bookstore at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/bookstore for more information.
Returning Books from Online Orders: Students have the option of mailing the books back using the return label on the receipt that is enclosed with their book shipment. Also, students can call the bookstore, (276) 223-9841, and schedule a time to drop off books and receive a refund to the same method used to pay for the initial purchase. Books (with purchase receipt) can also be left with campus police (Lower level of Carroll Hall) and the bookstore will process the return the next business day.
Tutoring information is available at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/remote-tutoring or by email at email@example.com. We are scheduling tutoring appointments through ZOOM. Additionally, there is online tutoring and resources for all students through Brainfuse which can be accessed in your MY.WCC.
- For the Spring 2021 semester, students will need access to technology for their classes. It is recommended that students have a computer with webcam capability and internet access.
- WiFi access is available in parking lots on the Wytheville campus for students who may not have internet access. View WiFi Map
- Students who do not have access to electronic devices (computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.) should contact faculty, and faculty will work with them on a case-by-case basis.
- Are you a new WCC student? New to online classes at WCC? Check out these videos on how to log in and use Canvas, Student Information System, and Navigate Student
Wytheville Community College offers free, basic printing services to active students that can be retrieved on campus in Wytheville, VA, or at WCC at Crossroads in Galax, VA. Initiating a print job request using the following form, current students can submit files for printing, instructions for any special needs, and coordinate a date/time to pick up the print job using a contactless system. Students MUST use their @email.vccs.edu accounts for this process and identify the course associated with the print request. Submit a printing request here.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Ms. Renee Thomas, Dean of Student Success and Academic Development at (276) 223-4752, or contact your instructor.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, is a federal law which allows students access to their educational records and prohibits the release of information from students’ educational records by the institution without the written consent of the student, with certain specified exceptions.
Wytheville Community College grants all rights under the law to students who are declared independent. No one outside the institution will have access to, nor will the institution disclose, any information from the student’s educational records without the written consent of the student, except to personnel within the institution, to officials of other institutions in which students seek to enroll, to persons or organizations providing student’s financial aid, to accrediting agencies carrying out their accreditation functions, to persons in any emergency in order to protect the health or safety of students or other persons. All these exceptions are permitted under the act.
If you would like to authorize in writing the release of your information to a third party, you must complete a FERPA Consent to Release Educational Records form. You should contact the admissions office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the College Catalog and Student Handbook for the policy in its entirety.