At WCC we strive to make connecting as easy as possible. If you experience issues connecting with a person or department at WCC, please call (276) 223-4700 and press 0 to speak to an operator.
WCC will begin a phased reopening of college offices and resources on June 7, 2021. Read the details about the phased reopening here.
Financial Aid/CARES Act
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related information and directives from the CDC and Governor’s Office, WCC is operating with very limited designated staff on the Wytheville campus. Most other employees are teleworking. Buildings are closed until further notice.
- All college offices are currently working remotely.
- As all WCC staff are working remotely, it is important that we do not miss your call. If you call a campus number, the phones are forwarded to appropriate staff. Please leave a message with your name, number, and a brief message. If you know your student ID#, please leave that as well.
- Fall classes begin on August 23, 2021
The following offices are here to help you. If you need assistance, please contact the following:
- Admissions and Records - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid - email@example.com
- Veterans - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Testing and tutoring - email@example.com
- Disability accommodations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology and onboarding for new students - email@example.com
- Educational Foundation (scholarships) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Dual Enrollment - Jfloyd@wcc.vccs.edu
- Workforce Development and Short-term Training - email@example.com
Admissions and Registration
- Fall Registration is underway. You can contact an advisor through chat. You may contact admissions at 276-223-4701, 276-223-4760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for application questions, registration information, or transcript information.
The following Student Services advisors can assist you with class registration. New students should contact Student Services 1Stop advisors or visit the WCC chat on the webpage if they have questions regarding college resources, advising, or counseling.
- Bridget Preston - email@example.com
- Tim West - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Mills - email@example.com
- Carol Sheets - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Mowery - email@example.com
- Maria Whited - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Puckett - email@example.com
- Sandra Thomas - firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid and Veterans
- Please work with an advisor when registering for the fall semester to make sure all classes are part of your program.
- Please check your student email and your To-Do list in SIS for financial aid information.
- Please remember the check out the webpage at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/financial-aid or visit the Support Center.
Financial Aid for Fall 2021
- Students should have completed the 21-22 FAFSA for the fall semester.
- Tuition for the Fall Semester is due August 2nd. Any student who has not completed the FAFSA and does not have a complete financial aid file by August 2nd will be dropped from classes.
- Bookstore charges open on August 16th. You must have a complete financial aid file to purchase textbooks.
- Veterans must complete the VON APP online to apply for your VA benefits.
- You must turn in VA Certification Request form each semester you attend.
- If you have Veterans or Financial Aid questions while the college is closed, you can email them to Lisa Murrell at email@example.com.
- Visit our webpage at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/military-and-veteran-benefits.
- Required textbooks and materials can be found online at the WCC Online Bookstore.
- The WCC Bookstore is currently closed to the public. Please contact the bookstore for assistance or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (276) 223-9841 or (276) 223-9848.
- Textbooks Charges open August 16th- September 3rd.
- Please visit the Bookstore at https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/bookstore for more information.
Additionally, there is online tutoring and resources for all students through “Brainfuse” which can be accessed in through “MyWCC.”
- For fall semester, 2021, students will need access to technology for their classes. It is recommended that students have a computer with webcam capability and internet access.
- WiFi access is available parking lots on the Wytheville campus for students who may not have internet access. View WiFi Map
- Students who do not have access to electronic devices (computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.) should contact faculty, and faculty will work with them on a case-by-case basis.
- Are you a new WCC student? New to online classes at WCC? Check out these videos on how to log in and use Canvas, Student Information System, and Navigate Student.
- Wytheville Community College offers free, basic printing services to active students that can be retrieved on campus in Wytheville, VA or at WCC at Crossroads in Galax, VA. Initiating a print job request using the following form, current students can submit files for printing, instructions for any special needs, and coordinate a date/time to pick-up the print job using a contactless system. Students MUST use their @email.vccs.edu accounts for this process and identify the course associated with the print request. Submit a printing request here.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Ms. Renee Thomas, Dean of Student Success and Academic Development at (276) 223-4752, or contact your instructor.
Faculty and Staff>>
Due to the disruption of COVID-19, the campus bookstore is only open for online ordering for your student’s course materials. Please know that we have made this process easy for them.
They can find the books needed by visiting the WCC Bookstore website and following the directions below.
- Click “Textbooks” link or icon from header
- Find your courses and add course materials to your shopping bag
- Click “Checkout” and follow the prompts to select your delivery method
- Payment Method - select payment method and enter your information
- Follow the prompts to place your order
The WCC Bookstore is here to meet all of your student’s academic needs for the new semester. Not only do we provide the required course materials for their class but also essential supplies, reference material, study aids and technology.
Your WCC Bookstore Manager is Marsha Otey and can be reached by email at email@example.com
Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions or clarification.
We look forward to providing you and your students a stress-free and successful semester.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related information and directives from the CDC and Governor’s Office, WCC is operating with very limited designated staff on the Wytheville campus. Most other employees are teleworking.
- 06/12/2020 - COVID-19 Continues to Affect WCC’s Summer Term
- 03/31/2020 - WCC Continues Remote Delivery of Instruction
- 03/17/2020 - WCC Announces Additional Changes Related to COVID-19
- 03/17/2020 - The WCC Dental Clinic will be closed until further notice due to COVID-19 prevention recommendations.
- 03/17/2020 - Chancellor’s Note on COVID-19 and Virginia’s Community Colleges
- 03/17/2020 - WCC Update regarding Commencement
- 03/12/20 - WCC Theatre Production (March 13 and 14) Postponed
- 03/12/20 - WCC March 21 Jamboree Cancelled
- 03/12/20 - WCC Announces Preparations Related to the COVID-19 Outbreak
- 03/11/20 - Faculty and Staff Update
- 02/29/20 - Student, Faculty, and Staff Update
You can help prevent the spread of viruses, including the coronavirus, by following the following recommendations:
- If you have a fever, stay home. Symptoms of the virus include fever, cough, and trouble breathing, and can appear anywhere from two to 14 days after exposure. Anyone experiencing symptoms should visit a doctor immediately.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Many of these hygiene awareness practices such as washing your hands, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer, covering your cough, and not sharing drinks or food can help prevent the spread of germs in general.
Trusted Information Sources
For more information on the Novel Coronavirus, please see links below:
- Virginia Department of Health - Fact Sheet for Coronaviruses
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Updates
- Centers for Disease Control - 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- World Health Organization - Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Events and Facilities Scheduled at WCC
- All external and internal events that are scheduled at all WCC locations are suspended until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on the college’s website as they become available.
- Facility requests will not be accepted during this time.
- WCC - Wytheville
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Phone: (276) 223-4700
TDD Hearing Impaired: (276) 223-4849
Toll-Free: (800) 468-1195
- WCC at the Crossroads Institute
1117 East Stuart Drive
Galax, VA 24333
Phone: (276) 744-4974
- WCC at the Henderson
203 N. Church Street
Marion, VA 24354
Phone: (276) 783-1777