Wythe-Bland Foundation Community College Tuition Assistance Program
Wytheville Community College
The Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship provides full tuition and fees for all qualified residents who graduate from Wythe and Bland County High Schools. The program began in 2007. The scholarship covers 5 of 6 consecutive semesters after graduation.
2021 High School Graduates Eligibility Dates
Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023
2022 High School Graduates Eligibility Dates
Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and Spring 2024
2023 High School Graduates Eligibility Dates
Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024, Fall 2024, and Spring 2025
Please note – some courses are part of the IncludED program. You will be automatically billed for course materials upon registration of certain courses that are NOT covered by the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship. You must pay those fees through your student account.
Scholarship recipients must have been a resident of Wythe or Bland County for the last two years and have completed their last two years of high school at and have graduated from either:
- Bland County High School
- Fort Chiswell High School
- George Wythe High School
- Rural Retreat High School
- Private schools in Wythe or Bland County
- Homeschool or GED
The scholarship is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must have attended a public or private high school in Wythe or Bland County for at least their junior and senior years
- Home-schooled students who meet WCC entrance requirements are eligible provided they satisfy the other eligibility requirements.
- Students who complete a GED by the graduation date of their original graduating class are eligible for the program provided they satisfy the other eligibility requirements.
- Must provide proof of residence in Wythe or Bland County for at least the two years prior to graduation (tax receipts, etc.)
- Must provide proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Complete an Application for Admission to Wytheville Community College
- Provide an official high school transcript
- Complete a 2023-2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and have a completed financial aid file and have received an award letter from Financial Aid.
- If you are attending summer 2023, please complete a 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Apply for scholarships or grants offered through Wytheville Community College
- Enroll in a degree/diploma/certificate or approved non-credit Workforce Development short-term training program.
- The Wythe-Bland Foundation Community College Assistance Program will pay for all tuition and fees not covered by the Federal or State Financial Aid or other major tuition scholarships.
- Books and supplies are not covered by the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Program.
- You are not automatically enrolled or accepted in the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Program when you apply for admission to the college or apply for financial aid.
- You must apply for the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship separately through the WCC Foundation Office (Smyth Hall 146), or via the WCC Scholarship website.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all required paperwork for the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Program is turned in or mailed to the WCC Foundation Office. It is not the responsibility of your high school, guidance counselor, or career coach.
To remain in the program, students must:
- Complete 40 hours (20 hours during the first semester enrolled and 20 hours during the second semester) of volunteer service with an approved agency by the end of the first year of receiving an award from the program.
- Achieve a 2.0 grade point average by the end of the first year (two semesters)
- Complete 67% of all classes to continue receiving the grant for the second year.
- You must fill out a Volunteer Waiver of Responsibility Form for both semesters unless you complete your volunteer hours in one semester.
- Hours will not be accepted from students and must come directly from the agency.
Amanda M. Pauley
Scholarship Program Manager
Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship
Smyth Hall, room 146