The Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Program at WCC
The Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship provides full tuition and fees for all qualified residents who graduate from Wythe and Bland County high schools. The program began in 2007. For the graduates of the class of 2016, the scholarship covers 5 of 6 consecutive semesters after graduation (Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018).
For qualified graduates, the Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Program will pay for tuition and fees not covered by federal or state financial aid or other scholarships.
The scholarship is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must have attended a public or private high school in Wythe or Bland County for at least their junior and senior years
- Home schooled students who meet WCC entrance requirements are eligible provided they satisfy the other eligibility requirements.
- Students who complete a GED by the graduation date of their original graduating class are eligible for the program provided they satisfy the other eligibility requirements.
- Must provide proof of residence in Wythe or Bland County for at least the two years prior to graduation (tax receipts, etc.)
- Must provide proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Complete an Application for Admission to Wytheville Community College
- Provide an official high school transcript by July 1, 2016
- Complete a 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and have a completed financial aid file and have received an award letter from Financial Aid.
- Complete the required Wythe-Bland Foundation Scholarship Application form.
- Apply for any other available scholarships or grants, including those offered through Wytheville Community College
- Enroll in a degree/diploma/certificate program that is at least one year in length
Updated information for the high school Classes of 2016 will be available after February 1, 2016.
Volunteer Service Information/Forms
- Approved Non-profit Volunteer Agency List
- Volunteer Service Waiver of Responsibility Form
- Volunteer Time Sheet
To remain in the program, students must:
- Complete 40 hours of volunteer service with an approved agency by the end of the first year of receiving an award from the program.
- Achieve a 2.0 grade point average by the end of the first year and complete 67% of all classes to continue receiving the grant for the second year.