Upcoming dates and deadlines:
Summer 2013 Financial Aid:
- *Students new to WCC for summer semester should complete the 2012/2013 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
*Current students have been sent the summer application to their VCCS email address.
Fall 2013 Financial Aid:
- *Complete the 2013/2014 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
Step-by-Step Financial Aid Process
- If you are new to WCC, apply for admission to the college online.
- Obtain a PIN from the US Department of Education at http://www.pin.ed.gov. If applicable, your parent should obtain a PIN, too. The PIN serves as an electronic signature when completing the FAFSA on the Web. If you provide your e-mail address, your PIN will be e-mailed within a few days, otherwise allow 10 days to receive it in the mail. This PIN should be saved for use in subsequent applications and for corrections to your data. You must activate your PIN online every award year;
- Complete a FAFSA on the Web. Do not wait to hear an admissions decision. The FAFSA should be completed each year. WCC's federal school code is 003761.
- Check the accuracy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) when you receive it. Make corrections as necessary via the internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov or by mail. If selected for verification, WCC will mail you a letter requesting the necessary documentation needed for the verification process. When reviewing your SAR, verify that WCC is listed as one of your schools. If it is not, we will not receive a copy. You will need to correct your SAR online or by calling 1-800-433-3243 to include WCC's school code, 003761.
- Complete a WCC Scholarship Application and submit it to the WCC Foundation Office either online or on paper.
- After we have collected all necessary documents to complete your file, WCC will review your file for an award. If you are awarded, you will receive an award packet from the WCC Financial Office to notify you of your financial aid award. If you are not eligible, you will also receive a letter to explain why you are not eligible. If your award is not sufficient enough to cover your tuition costs, you will need to pay the remaining balance to avoid being dropped from the classes you registered for.