Workforce (Non-Credit Training Program)
This program prepares students to take the Virginia Nurse Aide State Board Exam. The program includes 160 hours of instruction and consist of classroom and clinical experiences.
Graduates of the Nurse-Aide Program will be prepared to:
- Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the student is eligible to take the certifying examination and will be certified in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association.
- Upon certification, you can expect to help provide basic care for patients in hospitals and residents of long-term care facilities.
- Communicate and interact competently on a oneto-one basis with the clients
- Demonstrate sensitivity to clients’ emotional, social, and mental health needs through skillful directed interactions
- Assist clients in attaining and maintaining functional independence
- Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of clients’ rights
- Demonstrate skills in observation and documentation needed to participate in the assessment of clients’ health, physical condition, and well being