WCC Mission Statement
Wytheville Community College is committed to providing access to lifelong learning within an environment of academic excellence.
To achieve its mission, Wytheville Community College is guided by the following principles, all of which are related to teaching and learning and help the college meet the needs of the communities it serves. The “Guiding Principles” are:
- to provide programs and courses of instruction, through the associate-degree level, encompassing occupational-technical education, college transfer education, general education, developmental education, continuing education, and workforce development
- to offer a comprehensive program of student-development services
- to provide a broad range of instructional technologies, methods, materials, facilities, and instructional support services that accommodate students of varied backgrounds, interests, and abilities
- to create an educational environment that facilitates learning through a curriculum that broadens perspectives, leads to responsible citizenship, and sets standards that support the highest level of performance
- to serve as an important linkage between secondary education and four-year colleges and universities
- to enrich local communities, by making available resources in people, facilities, libraries, and programming
- to take a leadership role in helping shape the future direction of our communities
- to present diverse cultural opportunities while promoting the heritage of Southwest Virginia
- to enhance economic, cultural, and educational partnerships between WCC and the communities we serve
- to ensure a healthful and safe environment on campus
- to be fiscally responsible and accountable
- to promote accessibility and affordability; and
- to ensure quality in all programs and services.