Wytheville Community College will host financial aid workshops in March to help prospective students be ready for Fall 2019. Workshops will take place on March 19, 4:00-6:30 p.m., at the Crossroads Institute in Galax and on March 21, 4:00-6:30 p.m., at WCC’s Student Services 1 Stop Center in Bland Hall. WCC staff will be on hand to assist students and their families with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms. This event is designed specifically for any student who plans to attend college in the 2019-2020 academic year.
To complete a FAFSA, students should bring the following information with them to the workshop:
- A FSA User ID # and Password to sign electronically for both you and one parent. (If you do not already have one, visit www.fsaid.ed.gov) to create one. (you must have separate e-mail accounts)
- Yours and Your Parents’ Social Security Numbers
- Parents’ Date of Birth
- Parents’ Marital Status
- Parents’ Month and Year of Marital Status
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Yours and your parents’ 2017 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
For more information about these events, please contact Jodi Davis at (276)223-4764 or email email@example.com.