Library Mission Statement
An integral part of the educational program of the college, the library provides information resources and services to the college community. The primary purpose of the Wytheville Community College Library is to provide support for the educational goals of the college by acquiring and maintaining a well-balanced, up-to-date collection of print, non-print, and electronic resources. Also of significant importance is the provision of information resources to the citizens of the college's service region.
- To develop a collection which can provide an adequate level of support to all curricular areas of the College;
- To offer professional and support services which assist in the use of the collection;
- To serve faculty and staff by providing resources and services which will assist them in their fields of teaching and areas of responsibility;
- To acquire, as funds permit, materials which support the non-curricular or recreational needs of its clientele;
- To assist students in developing library and information literacy skills.
Hours Of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Users can access the full text databases and the library catalog for electronic books and other resources. Students must log in first through their My.WCC credentials. The library staff is also available to answer questions and inquiries by telephone and email. Students can also access library services through the WCC Resources link on any Canvas course.
- Research materials, such as online articles, books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and videos
- Free WiFi internet access on campus near Smyth Hall
- Online resources from any computer with an Internet connection and your My.WCC login
- Access to fiction and non-fiction audio books with My.WCC login
Library Staff - We are here to help you!
Coordinator of Library Services
1000 East Main Street, Wytheville, VA 24382
276-223-4743 or 1-800-468-1195 (in Virginia only, outside of Wythe County), extension 564743
The WCC Library is located on the Wytheville campus in Smyth Hall in Room 101 about halfway down the hall from the doorways located on both the main campus and parking lot sides.
Library Services are available through your My.WCC login. Please ask the library staff if you need help accessing materials and on line databases. We are always here to help you.
The Kegley Library of Wytheville Community College is a special collection library for historical and genealogical materials about Southwest Virginia. The library staff are available to answer questions and fill limited requests. The library staff will respond to both telephone and email requests.