Wytheville Community College is committed to providing access to lifelong learning
within an environment of academic excellence.
The WCC Library in Smyth Hall has an outstanding collection of books, magazines, newspapers, audio/visual, and electronic materials that support the programs and courses offered by the college. We also offer computers with high-speed internet connections and printing capability for students and community patrons. Whether you are looking for the latest best-seller or an academic reference, please come in to explore the many resources and services the library offers.
Library Mission Statement
An integral part of the educational program of the college, the library provides information resources and services to the college community. The primary purpose of the Wytheville Community College Library is to provide support for the educational goals of the college by acquiring and maintaining a well-balanced, up-to-date collection of print, non-print, and electronic resources. Also of significant importance is the provision of information resources to the citizens of the college's service region.
- To develop a collection which can provide an adequate level of support to all curricular areas of the College;
- To offer professional and support services which assist in the use of the collection;
- To serve faculty and staff by providing resources and services which will assist them in their fields of teaching and areas of responsibility;
- To acquire, as funds permit, materials which support the non-curricular or recreational needs of its clientele;
- To assist students in developing library and information literacy skills.
Hours Of Operation
Main Library: Monday-Thursday 8:00 A.M.-7:00 P.M. and Friday 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Kegley Library: Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Semester break and summer hours may vary and will be announced if different from regular hours.
- Library services are for college students and community patrons who are not enrolled at WCC
- Research materials, such as articles, books, journals, magazines, newspapers, and videos
- Online resources from any computer with an Internet connection and WCC log-in
- Free wireless Internet access for your device while working in the library
- Kegley Library, a collection of genealogical and historical materials
- Popular bestsellers and access to audio books and e-books
- Computers with current software and printing capabilities
- Vending machines and free coffee and tea
- Areas for individual and group work
Coordinator of Library Services
The Library is located on the main campus in Smyth Hall. Library staff is available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M. and on Fridays from 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Wytheville Community College Library
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
1-800-468-1195 (in Virginia only, outside of Wythe County), extension 4743
WCC offers library services for students at the Crossroads Institute in Galax and will soon offer services at The Summit in Marion!
The Kegley Library of Wytheville Community College is a special collection library for historical and genealogical material about Southwest Virginia. Click here to learn more and visit the Kegley Library site.