Student Email - Spell Checking
To check a composition for spelling errors:
- Open the Compose window
- Create a test message.
- From the Compose window, click Spelling in the top menu to check the spelling of a composed message.
- The Spelling page displays. The top of the window contains
command buttons; the message text displays in the bottom part
of the window. If you are checking a very large message, a page count displays at right along with Prev and Next links so you can page through your message. Words whose spelling is in question are underlined and shown in color. The current word in question is highlighted in a different color and displays at the top as the Check word value.
- For the current highlighted word, do one of the following:
- From the Suggestions menu choose a correct spelling for the word, and click Accept.
- Enter the correct spelling of the word in the text box, and then click Replace.
- Click Ignore to deselect the word along with all other occurrences in the text, and move to the next underlined word.
- Click Next to skip to the next underlined word. If you are already on the last underlined word, no action is taken.
- Click Add next to Dictionary to add the word to your personal dictionary,
- Choose a Language from the pick list to have the message checked for errors in that language.
- Repeat as needed. Click Done.
- When the Spell Check is completed, you are returned to the Compose page and the corrected text is displayed.
- Send or Save your message.
next topic: The Personal Dictionary >>