Student Email - Reading and Responding to Messages
The Navigational Bar appears on the left, the Inbox tools appear on the top and the Messages will appear on the bottom. A variety of options are available in response to reading a message.
To read a message, click on the subject. Note the tool bar at the top of the message.
- Delete – Moves the message you are reading to the Trash Folder and displays the next message in order.
- Prev & Next – Moves from message to message in order.
- Reply/All – Enables you to choose to whom to reply.
- By clicking on Reply: Only the sender of the message appears on the To line.
- By clicking on All: The sender and all recipients of the
message appear on the To and Cc fields. Anyone who
initially received a Bcc does not receive your reply.
The Subject is automatically included. You can add or delete any recipient in these lines as you choose.
- Message Numbering (2 of 10) – The message number you are viewing and the total number of messages in that folder.
next topic: Printing a Message >>