Student Email - Email Preferences
To Your email Preferences allows you to customize some of the features in your email system. These settings have default settings that you can accept or override through this interface.
To access Email Preferences, click Preferences on the left Navigational Bar.
- Message Count: Number of message summaries shown in one screen of the Inbox.
- Compose Width: Default is 62 characters.
- Compose Height: Default is 15 rows.
- Sent Folder: Save sent messages feature is turned on.
- Draft Folder: Default is Draft.
- Junk Mail Folder: Default is Junk Mail.
- Trash Folder: Delete to Trash feature is on; messages to delete must be selected and, marked as Delete to move to this folder.
- Compose: Chose between the Plain Text and HTML Text options.
- Request and Read Receipts: Requesting a receipt does not guarantee that the recipient’s email system will support this function or that the recipient will allow it.
- Request Receipt: Allows you to request a receipt message be sent to you verifying message was received
- Read Receipt: Allows you to request a receipt message be sent to you verifying message was opened
- Don't include original: Original message is not included in a reply.
- Include original inline: Original message is included in the body of a reply.
- Include original as attachment: A copy of the original message is included as an attachment in a reply. Note: If possible, Webmail also displays the message and the attachment name, data and Open link display below.
- Include signature: At the end of sent messages, text your Signature is automatically included. Remember to check YES to turn this feature on and NO to turn it off.
- Select a Webmail display Mode: Default is Frames with
- No Frames: This option greatly changes the appearance of Webmail. The links menu displays at top.
- Frames: This allows the links menu to display at left.
- Time Zone and Message Charset are preset by the system.
next topic: Webmail Options >>