Student Email - Address Book
In Webmail you have only one address book. All entries will appear in that address book. Entries can be filed in categories or groups. Each entry is a contact; an entry can be a person, an entity, a distribution list, etc.
To access the Address book, click on the Address Book button on the navigational bar. Use the Alphabet Letters Links to find contacts
in your address book.
Address Book Functions include:
- Contacts: Are entries/individuals listed in your address book.
Each entry is considered a contact. There is a maximum of 1000
contacts in the address book.
- Groups: Enable you to connect individuals as members of a
unique set. Each group has its own unique name. Messages
addressed to a group name are distributed to all contacts listed
as members of the group. The default maximum number of
groups you can create is 100.
- Find People: Finding People/Searching for Contacts that match the Alphabet Letter Links at the top of the Address book screen or through search parameters inside your address book. You can search your address book by name, address, e-mail address, phone, or a global alphanumeric string.
- Import/Export: If you wish to import any other address books from other e-mail clients or wish to export your address book to any other client, use this function.
- Edit Categories: All contacts are automatically given a category of unfiled. Three default categories are available: Commercial, Professional, and Personal. These categories mirror the categories in PDAs. Note: You can add as many Categories as you choose, however, each entry can only reside in one category. If you choose to sort or search and don’t choose the correct category, the contacts will not show.
- Delete all Categories or Delete all Groups: Using these options will result in all entries being removed from your address book as contacts or as groups. Consider carefully before you use either of these options.
There are two basic ways to add a contact to your address book.
When you receive an email from someone you want added to your Address Book:
- Click and open the message
- Click “Add to Address Book”
If you want to add a contact directly to your address book:
- Click Add Contact
- (Optional) Enter a ‘nickname’ that will call up the email address when typed into the TO box.
- Enter First and Last name
- Enter Email address
- (Optional)Enter other information requested
- Click Done to save (bottom of screen)
- Click Cancel to cancel the entry (bottom of screen)
next topic: Email Preferences >>