Student Email - Access Control
The Access Control option allows you to create a list of individuals to share your mail folders. To share a folder
with another individual, they must have an account on the student
email server. Please review the permissions list and make sure you
understand the access you are given to another account before using
this feature (see below).
- Read The user can see that the folder exists, open the folder, read messages in the folder, copy messages from the folder, and see which messages were read.
- Write The user can copy messages into the folder and modify state information for the folder, such as \Flagged, \Answered, and \Draft flags for each message. This permission allows the user to modify the \Deleted state for any message.
- Mail The user can submit messages to the SMTP service for delivery to the folder.
- Admin The user can change the Access Control List on the folder and create subfolders and Access Control Lists.
To set folder access:
- Select the folder to share from the drop-down box.
- Enter a users ID into the text box below your ID.
- Select the permissions (see list) you wish to give to the user.
- Click OK to save or CANCEL to cancel the action.
You can remove permissions by returning to this screen and removing
the checks in the appropriate check box next to the user name and
clicking the OK button.
next topic: Creating a Message Filter >>