WCC Spring 2021 Graduation
In order to participate in graduation, a student must have completed and submitted a graduation application. If you have not done so, you must do complete an application in SIS as soon as possible.
Students who complete their program of study in the Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 terms are invited to participate in the May 2021 graduation activities. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, graduation activities for 2021 are still to be determined.
All WCC graduates are required to wear the appropriate regalia (black cap, tassel, gown, and WCC stole) to participate in the ceremony. (Members of PTK Honor Society may opt to wear the PTK stole in lieu of the WCC stole and will not be required to purchase the WCC stole.)
Graduation regalia, souvenir items, and announcements will be available for purchase in the WCC Bookstore.
Prices of Graduation Items
- Cap, Gown, & Tassel set - $26.00
- Required WCC Stole - $21.00
- Announcements (pack of 10) - $15.00
- Gown Only - $18.00
- Cap Only - $7.00
- Tassel Only (Black) - $5.00
- Souvenir Tassel (WCC Colors) - $6.00
***All prices are subject to change***
If you have any questions, please call the bookstore at 276-223-9841.
- Honors will be based on the cumulative Fall 2020 grade point average. Graduates receiving an honor will be given an honor cord at the time of lineup on the day of the graduation ceremony. Listed below are the GPA requirements for honors:
- CUM LAUDE – 3.2 to 3.49 GPA – White Honor Cord
- MAGNA CUM LAUDE – 3.5 to 3.79 GPA – Burgundy Honor Cord
- SUMMA CUM LAUDE – 3.8 to 4.0 GPA – Gold Honor Cord
Outcomes Assessment Requirements
Students may be required to complete testing, surveys, questionnaires or other assessment activities designed to measure general education achievement and/or achievement in selected major areas prior to graduation, for the purpose of evaluation of academic programs. No minimum score or level of achievement is required for graduation. Assessment results will remain confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of improvement of the college.
Diplomas will be mailed within 60 days following graduation. They will be mailed to the address that is listed in the Student Information System.
Health Profession program transcripts will be available approximately 7-10 days following graduation. All other programs should be available in 2-3 weeks. Please note that all graduation information is manually entered, so please wait until after the specified timeframe to inquire about transcript information. You may request an official transcript online, https://www.wcc.vccs.edu/transcript-request