Saturday, May 14, 2022
Wytheville Meeting Center
12:30 p.m. Health Professions and Medical Services
- 11:30 a.m. Graduate Check-In – Gym
- 12:00 p.m. Processional Lineup – Gym
3:30 p.m. Occupational Programs
- 2:30 p.m. Graduate Check-In – Gym
- 3:00 p.m. Processional Lineup – Gym
6:00 p.m. Transfer and Educational Partnerships
- 5:00 p.m. Graduate Check-In – Gym
- 5:30 p.m. Processional Lineup – Gym
To provide graduating students with a traditional commencement ceremony in the safest way possible, WCC will host three separate ceremonies this year. Students will be recognized during the ceremony for their academic division according to their program of study.
- Graduates will be required to check-in for lineup in the gym by the designated time and are to remain in the gym until the processional begins. Graduates who arrive late may not be seated with their program of study but added to the back of the line.
- Graduates will march from the gym to the ballroom prior to the ceremony; graduates will march out of the ballroom and exit the building after the ceremony.
A professional photographer will capture students as they receive their diploma from the college President. Information about ordering individual photographs will be sent to the student via email after the ceremony. Guests are welcome to take photos on their own as long as the aisles remain clear.
- Tickets are not required, however seating in the ballroom is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The ballroom doors will be open for guests 1 hour prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Guests must be SEATED by 30 minutes prior to the ceremony start time. There can be no saving of seats and late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the ballroom. IF the ballroom becomes full, guests will be directed to overflow rooms where a live feed of the ceremonies will be shown.
- Guests from the overflow rooms will be allowed temporary access to the ballroom to take photos as their graduate approaches the stage. Please listen for the graduate’s program of study to be called and proceed into the main room. Please note that the order of the procession may NOT follow what is printed in the graduation program booklet. Once the graduate has crossed the stage, please exit quietly and quickly and return to the overflow room immediately to keep the aisles and hallway clear.
- Each graduate will only walk across the stage one time. Graduates who are receiving more than one certificate, diploma, or degree will be placed with the program of his/her choosing for the ceremony lineup.
- Parking will be available at the Wytheville Meeting Center and on the WCC campus.
- The front section of the parking lot at the Wytheville Meeting Center will be reserved for handicapped parking access, but spaces will be limited, so please arrive early.
Special Needs Accommodations
- Any guest or graduate that may require special needs accommodations should contact Renee Thomas, Dean of Student Success and Academic Development, 276-223-4752 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding the graduation ceremony should be directed to the Admissions Office:
email@example.com or 276-223-4701