Health and Occupational Programs
Saturday – May 11, 2019
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Reception for Graduates and Guests
12:00 p.m. Student Group Pictures by County – Gym
1:00 p.m. Graduate Lineup – Gym
2:00 p.m. Graduation Ceremony – Ballroom
Transfer, Business, and Social Science Programs
Saturday – May 11, 2019
4:30 p.m. Student Group Pictures by County – Gym
5:30 p.m. Graduate Lineup – Gym
6:30 p.m. Graduation Ceremony – Ballroom
Reception for Graduates and Guests immediately following ceremony
- Tickets are not required, however seating in the ballroom is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests for the 6:30 p.m. ceremony will need to arrive very early, as seating will fill up quickly.
- Guests must be SEATED by 30 minutes prior to the ceremony start time. There can be no saving of seats, and late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the ballroom.
- Health program graduates in the 2 p.m. ceremony are discouraged from leaving after the pinning ceremonies due to time constraints. A reception will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- The front section of the parking lot at the Wytheville Meeting Center will be reserved for handicapped parking access, but spaces will be limited, so please arrive early.
- Any guest that may require special needs accommodations should contact Renee Thomas, Dean of Student Success and Academic Development, 276-223-4752 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A live feed of the ceremonies will be shown in the overflow rooms. Guests will be directed to overflow rooms when the ballroom becomes full, typically about 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Guests from the overflow rooms will be allowed temporary access to the ballroom to take photos as their graduate approaches the stage. Please listen for the graduate’s program of study to be called and proceed into the main room. Please note that the order of the procession may NOT follow what is printed in the graduation program booklet. Once the graduate has crossed the stage, please exit quietly and quickly and return to the overflow room immediately to keep the aisles and hallway clear. ALL AISLES MUST REMAIN CLEAR AT ALL TIMES!
- Each graduate will only walk across the stage one time. Graduates who are receiving more than one certificate, diploma, or degree will be placed with the program of his/her choosing for the ceremony lineup.
- A professional photographer will capture students as they receive their diploma from the college President. Photographs will be available online for purchase after the ceremony.
- Guests are welcome to take photos on their own as long as the aisles remain clear.
Any questions regarding the graduation ceremony should be directed to Karen Hawkins, 276-223-4758 or email: email@example.com