Tips for successful transfer
1) Make an appointment with your academic advisor during your first semester at WCC. Plan to discuss your teaching career interests and transfer options. Contact your academic advisor regularly during 2-year degree planning to ensure you are meeting all AA & S graduation requirements are met.
2) Identify the four-year institution that you want to transfer after the completion of your Associate of Arts and Science (AA&S) degree at Wytheville Community College.
For a display of the Participating Colleges- Guaranteed Admissions. If you are interested in signing a guaranteed admission agreement, talk to your WCC academic advisor or a transfer counselor in student service.
If you are interested in elementary education (PreK -6) teaching, the VCCS also has a number of transfer agreements with Virginia universities and colleges.
3) Explore WCC’s transfer website.
4) Map out a transfer timeline, using the tips provided on the VCCS transfer planning web page.
5) Use the VCCS transfer wizard to assist you with career exploration, financial aid and transfer planning.
6) Plan to attend to transfer events on-campus, such as college day or transfer day. Talk to 4-year university and college representatives when on-campus to learn more about your transfer options.