Overview of Scholarships
The WCC Educational Foundation and the WCC Scholarship Foundation have a number of scholarship endowments which provide awards. In addition, private citizens, businesses and industries, and civic clubs also provide scholarship funds.
The WCC Financial Aid Committee selects the recipients for the scholarships awarded by the foundations. Scholarships and application deadlines are publicized on the college website, on Facebook, through student emails, and in local media. Selected scholarships may be advertised in the service area for first-time students. In some cases, a scholarship is awarded only after a student has completed one semester of enrollment. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office, the WCC Educational Foundation Office, at other campus locations, the Crossroads Institute, the Smyth County Education Center, and online.
- are available through the generosity of many individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- provide a minimum $300 award for full-time students (awards are prorated for part-time students).
- vary in amount available because each scholarship fund and endowment is set up separately.
- Most scholarships require that students be enrolled for a minimum of of 6 credit hours at WCC.
- Students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA or have met high school equivalency requirements. Some scholarships require letters of recommendation.
Criteria vary for each scholarship. Students applying for scholarships must have a completed financial aid file to receive any scholarships.
All students are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
Click here to apply for a WCC Scholarship.
For additional information regarding scholarships or the scholarship application process, contact:
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
276-223-4849 TDD-Hearing Impaired
To search for information about other available scholarships, please visit the Virginia Education Wizard by clicking here.