Scholarship Application Checklist
To be considered for a scholarship award, students should do the following:
- complete a Scholarship Application Form.
- answer all application questions, including the essay question.
- sign the form to give selection committee permission to view academic and financial records (if completing a paper application).
- complete a financial aid file in the WCC Financial Aid Office (Bland Hall 221) to be considered for scholarships requiring financial aid eligibility.
- return the completed scholarship application form to the WCC Educational Foundation Office (Smyth Hall) by the deadline date that is published each semester (Fall and Spring).
A selection committee reviews all applications and selects recipients based on established criteria for each scholarship.
Students who receive scholarship award funds:
- will receive a scholarship agreement letter notifying them of the award.
- may charge tuition costs toward the scholarship through the WCC Business Office by picking up a voucher in the Foundation Office.
- may charge book costs toward the scholarship through the college bookstore on campus.
After the last date to withdraw from courses:
- students will receive a balance check for any remaining scholarship funds that were not used for tuition or books.
- students who do not charge against their scholarship awards will receive a check for the full amount of the scholarship.
If students receive awards, they must:
- write a thank you letter to the person(s) who established the scholarship.
- sign and return the scholarship agreement letter.