Financial assistance is available to students participating in training and certification in one of the following approved programs:
Who is Eligible for grant funding?
Students who are:
- a Virginia-domiciled resident
- meet Selective Service requirements
Eligible students provide:
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt, housing contract, printed bank statement, voter card)
- Proof of age (drivers license, passport, birth certificate, or state-issued ID)
- Proof of household income
Option 1: SNAP Card, TANF Card, documentation of SNAP or TANF eligibility
Option 2: No one claiming you as a dependent - attach a copy of IRS tax transcript
Apply & Register for Classes
(Please note these forms must be signed and returned with required documentation before your application can be processed)
- Driver's License/or Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Utility Bill with most recent address: (bank statement, cell phone bill, electric, voter card, etc.)
- Most recent Tax Return filed (if parent/guardian is claiming you as a dependent, parent or guardian tax return will be required along with driver's license from both parent and student); OR if receiving TANF/SNAP (provide a copy of eligibility letter); OR if receiving Disability (provide a copy of eligibility determination letter).
- If applying to the CDL Truck Driving program, student must provide an updated copy of driving record.
In addition to receiving grant funding, you may qualify for a scholarship through the Foundation Office to receive additional tuition assistance.
Contact the Workforce Development Office at (276) 223-4820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Non-credit Refund Policy
In non-credit classes, full refunds will be given if a course is cancelled or if a student withdraws three days prior to the course. In order to receive a refund, request can be made in writing, by phone at (276) 223-4717, or via email at email@example.com.