FastForward, Credentials For A Career That Matters / Wytheville Community College

Financial assistance is available to students participating in training and certification in one of the following approved programs:

Who is Eligible for grant funding?

Students who are:

  • a Virginia-domiciled resident
  • meet Selective Service requirements


Eligible students provide:

  • Proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt, housing contract, printed bank statement, voter card)
  • Proof of age (drivers license, passport, birth certificate, or state-issued ID)
  • Proof of household income
    Option 1: SNAP Card, TANF Card, documentation of SNAP or TANF eligibility
    Option 2: No one claiming you as a dependent - attach a copy of IRS tax transcript


Apply & Register for Classes

(Please note these forms must be signed and returned with required documentation before your application can be processed)

FastForward Career Programs Application / Registration


Agreement for Open Enrollment Participation in the Workforce Credentials Grant


Required Documentation:

  • Driver's License/or Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Utility Bill with most recent address: (bank statement, cell phone bill, electric, voter card, etc.)
  • Most recent Tax Return filed (if parent/guardian is claiming you as a dependent, parent or guardian tax return will be required along with driver's license from both parent and student); OR if receiving TANF/SNAP (provide a copy of eligibility letter); OR if receiving Disability (provide a copy of eligibility determination letter).
  • If applying to the CDL Truck Driving program, student must provide an updated copy of driving record.


In addition to receiving grant funding, you may qualify for a scholarship through the Foundation Office to receive additional tuition assistance.

Workforce and Non-Credit Grant Funding Scholarship Application




Contact the Workforce Development Office at (276) 223-4820 or


Workforce Non-credit Refund Policy

In non-credit classes, full refunds will be given if a course is cancelled or if a student withdraws three days prior to the course. In order to receive a refund, request can be made in writing, by phone at (276) 223-4717, or via email at