Adjunct Faculty Applicant Pool
Wytheville Community College is seeking applications for an adjunct faculty applicant pool in the Welding Program for the Workforce Development Program.
Required Technical Skills
• Proficiency in the following welding processes:
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SWAW);
Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW);
Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW);
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
• Documentation of qualifications/certifications to a national welding code: i.e. ASME Sec. IX or AWS D1.1 with the above processes;
• Ability to weld in all positions with the above welding processes;
• Ability to perform industry standards with Oxy-Acet, cutting both manual and semi-automatic: air carbon arc cutting (CAC-A), plasma arc cutting; and
• Ability to operate general shop fabrication equipment to include horizontal cut-off saw, shear, drill press, and press bake.
Associate degree in field and minimum of two years related occupational or teaching experience.
Previous record of teaching excellence;
• Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or Certified Welding Educator (CWE) through the American Welding Society or willingness to actively pursue one of the above certifications.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts (if applicable) along with the completed application submittal. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276 223 4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481