Wytheville Community College is seeking a candidate for an adjunct teaching faculty position for the Health Information Management Program beginning August 16, 2019.
Teaching responsibilities include both the classroom and online setting in entry and intermediate level coding and reimbursement courses.
- Five years of related Occupational Experience in the Healthcare Industry specializing in Medical Coding and Reimbursement processes;
- Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited institution;
- Completion of adjunct Total Course and Quality Matters Online Instructional Training within one year of date of hire;
- Status as an active Certified Professional Coder (CPC) nationally recognized coding credential. If you do not have instructor-I certification, you must obtain this certification within 6 months; and
- Must be able to teach evening courses one day a week on main campus as well as online.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution;
- Prior community college teaching experience;
- Status as an active Certified Professional Coder Instructor (CPC-I) credential; and
- Experience developing course content preparing students to sit for national coding credential examinations.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the application submittal. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading. Position will be open until filled. First review will occur after June 1, 2019.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276 223 4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481