READVERTISEMENT: Wytheville Community College is seeking a motivated and self-starting individual to provide academic leadership and guidance in the Division of Health & Occupational Programs. The Dean of Health and Occupational Programs reports to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Development for development, organization, planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the mission, purpose, goals, responsibilities and instructional programs of the respective Division.
The Division Dean will promote Wytheville Community College’s Culture of Excellence and quality service through teamwork, respective communication, maintenance of a professional environment and partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of customer needs. The Division Dean will maintain a division with a customer service focus through highly trained and motivated faculty and staff.
Wytheville Community College values diversity and welcomes applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Expected hire date is July 1, 2019.
The Deans Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinates the development of the Division’s schedule of courses to be offered each semester;
2. Reviews, on a scheduled and routine basis, programs and individual courses offered within the Division, with particular emphasis on the relevance, quality, and effectiveness of each;
3. Assists with the selection of instructional and classified personnel within the Division; supervises and evaluates the performance of Division personnel;
4. Plans, monitors and evaluates the semester-by-semester course load of Division faculty;
5. Plans and monitors the quality, quantity and use of office and classroom space, equipment and instructional materials within the Division;
6. Develops, implements, supervises and evaluates programs of articulation, information delivery and community service with other divisions and offices of the College, other institutions of higher education, area schools, business and industry and the community at large;
7. Recommends and assists in the development of new or modified programs of study designed to meet existing or changing needs of the community;
8. Develops, implements and monitors the Division’s budget and expenditures;
9. Supervises the preparation of Divisional statistical data, reports and grant proposals;
10. Represents the Division at meetings such as the Vice President’s staff, and other required committees and meetings;
11. Assists and advises the Workforce Development Division relative to Workforce Development initiatives; and
12. Other responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
· Master's degree in a related field from accredited college or university;
· At least five years of progressively more responsible college-level teaching and administrative experience;
· Demonstrated experience with technology for providing classroom instruction and distance learning;
· Demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy; and
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
· Doctorate in a related field from accredited college or university; and
· Community college experience working with grants and accrediting agencies.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the completed application submission. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading. Application documents will be received until the position is filled; however an initial review of the applicant pool will occur on April 1, 2019.
This is a re-advertisement. If you previously applied, you will be required to apply again for consideration.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276 223 4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481