Full-Time Teach Faculty
Wytheville Community College (WCC) is accepting applications for a full-time Associate Instructor in Biology that will begin on August 16, 2019. This position will report directly to the Dean of Transfer, Business, and Social Sciences. This position is granted a year by year contract and is not eligible for multi-appointment years.
Wytheville Community College values diversity so we welcome applications from veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and women.
Primary responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Teaching a range of courses such as General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, or other Biology related courses;
- Teaching 33-39 credit per Academic year;
- Teaching courses at multiple locations and could include day, evening, and online to meet college needs;
- Developing and teaching new courses in collaboration with other department faculty;
- Establishing and assessing student learning outcomes; and
- Participating in student engagement activities for at least 12-19 additional hours per week.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Biology or a Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate credits hours in Biology from an accredited institution;
- Committed to teaching excellence;
- Good organization and communication skills; and
- Ability to provide own transportation to multiple sites with a good driver’s license.
- Graduate coursework in Anatomy, Physiology, and/or Microbiology; and
- Successful teaching experience in secondary and/or higher education.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the application submittal. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. If there are multiple transcripts, combine all transcripts into one file before uploading. Position will be open until filled with first review on April 1, 2019.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276 223 4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481