What are your responsibilities as a Blackboard instructor ?
If you decide to use Blackboard, the following are your responsibility:
- requesting your course prior to each semester, including the course number (i.e. PHI101) and course sections you would like enrolled (i.e. 01, 1V, 95, C1, etc.)
- requesting the enrolling of your students in the course if you would like it done prior to the first day of the semester -- otherwise, all students will be enrolled by the first day of class
- making your course available to students, or at least requesting that it be made available -- preferably by the third day of class
- removing students who have dropped the class once the drop/add period had ended
- exporting backups of your gradebook
- asking for help if you need it! I am available to answer any questions and give one-on-one instruction.
next topic: How can I remove my old courses? >>