Adding a Producer Presentation to your Course
First, you must create a zip file out of your presentation. To do this:
- Select all of the files. Usually there is an .htm file and a folder whose filename ends in “_files”.
- Right click on the files and select “Send to” and then “Compressed (zipped) folder”. This will create a zip folder from your files (this may take a few minutes). It will be located in the same place that your files were. For example, if your files are located on your Desktop, the zip file will also be located there.
Now we can load this file onto Blackboard.
- Log on to Blackboard and go to your course.
- In the Control Panel, go to the course section (Course Documents, Assignments, etc) where you want the presentation linked.
- Click the Add Item button.
- Enter a name for your presentation.
- In the Content section, click the Browse button and find your zip file.
- Enter a name for the link. You may want to put something like “Click here to start the presentation”.
- In the “Special Action” drop down box, choose “Unpackage this file”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit.
Your file will now be uploaded to Blackboard. This may take a few minutes, depending on the size of your file. You must now choose your "entry point".
- On the next page, select the entry point. This should be the .htm file that you selected when you created the zip file. It tends to be the first file in the list.
- Click the checkbox next to “Launch in new window”. This will allow your producer presentation to be full-sized.
- Click Submit.
Your presentation is now on Blackboard! You can click on it like a student would and see the results.
next topic: Adding links to your course >>