Adding Links to your Course
You can add links to other web sites within your course. Unlike in Blackboard 5.5, in Blackboard 6 you are not restricted to adding these links in a specific location.
To add an external link:
- From the Control Panel, click on the content area link where you want to add the link (Course Documents, Course Information, etc.) OR
In the course, go to the content are where you want to add the link (Course Documents, Course Information, etc) and click the Edit View link in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Add External Link icon.
- Enter a name for the external link.
- Enter the URL for the external link, including the http://.
- If desired, enter a description and/or attach a file.
- Choose desired options. It is recommended that you have external links set to open in new window.
- Click Submit.
next topic: Linking to other course sections >>