Managing the Grade Center – Overview
The Grade Center for Blackboard 9 is similar to the Grade Center in Blackboard 8, with a few minor changes. To view the Grade Center in Blackboard 9:
- Log into Blackboard and open your course
- Navigate to the course Control Panel (lower left of page)
- Click the Evaluation link
- Click the Grade Center link which will open the Grade Center page to your right
- Clicking on the Manage button at the top of the Grade Center will bring up a list of options: Grading Periods (to define terms, quarters, semesters); Grading Schemas (used to translate percentages or scores into grades ); Categories (used to classify grades into groups that can be used for weighting grades); Smart Views (used to organize views based on instructor criteria); Column Organization (used to freeze/unfreeze columns, hide or show columns, edit categories of columns, edit grading periods of columns); Student Visibility (used to hide users from instructor’s view to reduce the number of rows for ease of grading); Send Email (allows instructor to send email while in Grade Center).