Grade Center – Create Calculated Column
Create Calculated Column for Blackboard 9 is used to create a column where you would want to add a column in the Grade Center to total, average or weight your grades. To view the Grade Center in Blackboard 9:
- Log into Blackboard and open your course
- Navigate to the course Control Panel (lower left of page)
- Click the Evaluation link
- Click the Grade Center link which will open the Grade Center page on the right of your screen.
- Select Create Calculated Column. This option is used if you want to create a column where you will have Blackboard 9 calculate an Average, Minimum/Maximum, Total or Weighted column.
- Required fields for you to enter are Column Name and Points Possible.
- Other choices to make at this time would be: Primary Display (choose Score which is default; Text; Letter; Percentage; Complete/Incomplete); Category (if you plan on weighting grades by category, this is important to choose); Due Date (students see this in their My Grades view).
- Under Options, you have three choices to select: Include This Column in Grade Center Calculations; Show this Column to Students; Show Statistics.
- Once you’ve created your grade column, click Submit to save your changes.