Grading an Assignment
When you use the Blackboard Assignment tool, a column is automatically created for this assignment in your Grade Center. To grade a submitted assignment, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard and select your course.
- From the Control Panel, go to the Grade Center and click on right arrows to go to the Evaluation Overview page.
- Select Grade Center.
- Use the horizontal scroll to get to the column for the assignment you wish to grade.
- To download the assignment to your desktop for grading, click the down arrows at the right edge of the column.
- From the menu, select Assignment File Download.
- Select the students whose assignments you would like to download. (The top checkbox selects all.) Then click Submit.
- Click the link for Download Assignments Now.
- Click Save to save the assignment on your computer. Select a location and enter a name for the zip file as you would to save any file to your computer. Once the zip file is downloaded and saved, you may open it to grade assignments without being online.
- To grade an assignment online, in the Grade Center, hover mouse over the cell for the assignment that you want to grade to see the menu. Ungraded assignments will have an in the cell. Select View Grade Details.
- On Grade Details screen, scroll to Attempts and click Open Attempt.
- On the Grade Assignment page, under Review Current Attempt, read student’s submission, comments, locate and click on the student’s attached file link.
- Under Grade Current Attempt, input Grade, add brief feedback in the Comments box, and use Attach File to upload graded assignment to return to student or upload other document.
- Click the Submit button at the top or bottom of the screen to save the entered grade. This grade will show up in the Grade Center. If you are not finished grading and would like to continue working later, click the Save as Draft button.