Welcome to the official WCC Online Student Services webpage! Here you will find numerous links to important information pertaining to WCC students from the college’s website, including contact information and schedules of our two Online Academic Advisors: Donna DeHaven & Gerald Goad. Please do not hesitate to contact them if you have any questions or concerns throughout your educational experience here at WCC!
It is our mission to…
…provide outstanding, accessible, and personalized service to all students at Wytheville Community College (WCC) by using innovative technology to facilitate and enhance student success while building collaborative relationships with all members of the WCC community.
- Be available to support students during day, evening, and weekend hours via office hours, e-mail, phone, and live chat sessions
- Respond to all student initiated correspondences within 24 hours
- Advise and guide students to make decisions and set goals that will promote academic and personal success
- Assist students with career exploration and development
- Assist students with class registration
- Identify areas of student need and refer students to other resources as needed
- Consult with other departments as needed to support students
- Interpret and explain college policies and procedures
- Prepare and present to students and parents during Student Orientation
- Encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities
- Assist in recruitment of potential students
We ask that you…
- Attend classes regularly (For online courses this means setting aside time each day/week to keep you on target with your course content and assignments)
- Complete assignments on time
- Communicate with instructors
- Comply with all WCC policies
- Work to develop job and interview skills that will prepare you for professional life
- Get involved
- ASK FOR HELP WHEN NEEDED!! The staff and faculty of WCC are here to help you!