The Course Menu is the list of navigation links inside the course. After you click on your course, the course menu can be found on the left-hand side. To change, reorder or add items to the default course menu, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard and select the course you are teaching.
- In the upper right corner ensure that the Edit Mode is set to ON. If not click Off, to toggle it to ON.
- Select the Add button (+) on the Course Menu. Then click Create Content Area.
- Enter a Name for the content area. Click the Available to Users checkbox to grant access to students. Click Submit .
- The new Content Area appears on the Course Menu.
- To Rename, Hide, or Delete a content area, click on the chevrons (down arrows) to the right of the content area name.
A. Rename – Click on Rename Link. Type in new name. Click on to Save changes. Click on to Cancel the action.
B. Hide – Click on Hide Link. Students are unable to this link.
C. Delete – Click on Delete. Then select OK in the pop-up box.
- To change the order, click on the up/down arrow beside the item and drag and drop it into the desired location.