Taking an Assessment
Instructors have the option to provide assessments through Blackboard.
- Log into Blackboard
- Select your course from the Course List
- From the Course Menu select Content
- Navigate to the Assessment that you wish to take. For this example, I am selecting a test titled “Test 1”
- Follow the instructions for the Assessment. Select Begin when you are ready to start. NOTE: Some tests may have a time limit and/or must be completed when started. Be sure you have enough time to complete the test before you start.
- At the top of each question, on the right-hand side, you will see how many points the question is worth as well as an option to save the answer. It is a good idea to save your answers after each one, just to be safe in case the power goes out or some other problem arises.
There are several different kinds of questions, including essay questions, short answer, true/false, etc. depending on how your instructor created the assessment.
- When you have completed your test, select Save and Submit
- If you have accidently left an answer blank, a pop-up window will appear, warning you.
Select Cancel and answer the skipped question.
- Otherwise, a pop-up window will show, asking you to confirm your submission. Select Ok.
- You should get a screen that says ‘Test Submitted’.
- Once the instructor has graded your assessment, the grade, with any feedback, will appear in MyGrades.
NOTE: If your instructor has assignments outside of Blackboard, MyGrades may not accurately reflect your grade for the course.