Overview and Navigation: Course Menu
The Course Menu, which appears on the left hand column of each course in which you are enrolled, helps you navigate your Blackboard course.
- Log into Blackboard
- Select your course from the Course List
- On the left-hand side, you will see the Course Menu. The name of the class with the instructor’s name in parenthesis appears with a grey background.
- The links below the name of the course are the different sections of your course Blackboard site. The instructor may choose to show different sections than what is shown here, or rename the links. In this instance:
- Home Page will always return you to the main page of your course.
- Information shows instructor contact information and anything else the instructor wishes to provide.
- Content lists everything the instructor has posted to the course, including a syllabus, learning modules and assignments.
- Discussions lists the discussion boards the instructor has created
- Groups lists any groups the course has
- Tools shows a list of all the different tools and functions you can do from blackboard, including blog posts, email and so on. The instructor may limit which tools you see.
- Help will link you to Blackboard’s help section, in case you get stuck
- To change the View of your Course Menu, click the icons above the course title, with a yellow background. The default view is list view. If you select the folder icon, you get folder view:
This changes the Course Menu to look similar to Windows File Explorer:
- You can also have the Course Menu pop out into a separate window, by selecting the third icon
- The fourth icon will refresh the Course Menu and the homepage. This is useful if the instructor has added any information since the time you first logged on.