Deleting a Grade
Grades can be deleted or reverted back to a previous grade by the instructor in several ways. An instructor can delete the grade directly from the Grade Center or from the grade details page.
Start by opening up Grade Center
- Click on the grade that you’d like to delete in the grade center. You’ll notice the grade will be highlighted.
- Press delete or backspace on your keyboard
- Press enter
- Click OK to NULL the grade value. Grade values that are NULL display a (-)
To delete a grade from the grade details page:
- Click on the icon next to the grade you’d like to delete, clear or revert
- Choose View Grade Details
- A Grade Details screen will open with the choices to Override (designed to ignore the results of all attempts and display the grade as entered), Clear Attempt (designed to remove an attempt, such as a test, where a student can try again), Edit Grade (designed to provide a comment box, along with a place to change the grade).
- Select your choice, click OK to save changes
- Caution: If you delete a grade, all notes associated with that grade will be deleted also