Creating a Discussion Thread
A discussion thread usually is a posting of a single focused topic and listed with it are all comments (replies) concerning the topic.
To add a Discussion Thread in a Discussion Forum, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard and select the course you are teaching.
- Click on the Discussion Board navigation bar and then click on the name of the desired forum.
- Click Create Thread to add a new thread.
- Complete the Subject (a required field) and Message. If desired, you may attach a file to the thread.
- Click Submit at the bottom or the top of the screen. You may choose Save Draft to keep a draft copy of the thread that can be opened, edited, and submitted at a later time.
- To delete a thread, check the box in front of the thread that you wish to delete. Then click Delete.