Downloading the Grade Center for each class will let you save a record of grades when the Blackboard classes are deleted. Blackboard is a course management system, not a storage area for grades. It’s wise to download your Grade Center prior to dropping students, at midterm and finally at the end of each semester. To download your grade center:
- Scroll to the right of your Grade Center and click on Work Offline then Download
- This will open a page where you’ll make some choices. You can download the Full Grade Center for a permanent record of your class, or you can download Selected Columns, or download User Information Only.
- Under Options, the default Delimiter Type is Tab, which works with Excel. You can leave the default. Include Hidden Information will download columns and users you have hidden from view.
- The Save Location area allows you to designate where you want the file to be saved. You can save it to My Computer, or to your Content Collection.
- Click Submit to open the next screen which contains a DOWNLOAD button
- Click the DOWNLOAD button, choose where you want your files saved, click SAVE
- You should now be able to open the .xls Grade Center file using Excel